Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

growing up

lately i've started to feel more and more like an adult. sure, it probably has to do with the fact that i'm in love... but there are practical reasons, too.

yesterday i met with a financial adviser for the first time ever. he explained all sorts of things [IRA vs. Roth IRA; fixed annuity; etc] and gave me advice about how to begin preparing for the future. it seems incredibly CRAZY to start investing at age 25 but after seeing the numbers i realize it's incredibly SMART to start investing at age 25.

tonight we'll have GED orientation at my site. i've been assigned the role of body guard/bouncer. i have to stand outside the classroom and tell people i'm sorry but there's just no more space. eek* class officially starts next tuesday.

melissa's grandpa died last night and my own family is dealing with the possibly-very-soon death of my grandmom. this must be part of becoming an adult...

last week my friend lauren said "kell, you're growing up!" i laughed but then realized it's totally true. bizarre. [this photo epitomizes my inner-child self so i thought it fit this post!]

3 comments:

Natalie said...

your blog makes me smile. you write simply but from the heart. thanks! i'll see u at church sunday and let's plan to get together again next week.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad that your inner-child pic was taken by yours truely in g-pat's tree* it seeeems that we bring that out in each other <3

...buut I'm not sure I'm where you're at quite yet, good thing I've got a few years :)

cd said...

I pray often for your Grandmom and Mom. I know it's a difficult time to go through. Parts of growing up really stink, but it's pretty fun most days! In my mind, I still think I'm 27... even though 4.0. is approaching soon...I'll always be young at heart! It helps to stay around young people!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...