Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

and a happy veteran's day to you

i invited my students to participate in writing letters to my granddad for veteran's day. here are a few gems they created...

"dear Mr. Kelly, Thank you for fighting for our country. That was amazing for you to do that.  I thought anyone who fought for the war would not make it. Thanks again hero"

"dear Mr. Kelly, how was it like to hold a gun? so sorry many people died each day."

"thanks for saving the world."

"mrs. Alberts told us that you were alive and that you still are. thanks. I thank you for your hard work."

 "thank you for riscing your life to save us. i hope you stay alive for a long time now."

"you saved your army members and beat your enemys. I'm thankful you saved the united state."


"Truly, your grandchild's student, ________"

"My grandpop was a veteran, too! he fought in vietnam, he did not kill many people. he mostly killed wild dogs" [wait, what?!]

"Dear Mr. Kelly, thank you for fighting in the war for use i am so happ you are alive right this moment."

annnnnnnnnnnnnd my favorite:
"Dear Mr. Kelly, I am verry geatfull you fought in the war for our country. I wish I could hug you. Thank you hero. P.S. Have a nice day"

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

so freakin cute. being a teacher rocks! and what a great personal connection for them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...