Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

the flip


i get a lot of compliments on my hair color [thanks to good genes!] and of course i'm grateful. what people don't realize, however, is that my hair has an incredibly obnoxious flip on the right side. regardless of how it's cut or styled, the right side DOES NOT CURL UNDER SMOOTHLY. lately it's been bugging me more than usual. whenever i complain, i get different reactions.

ann says: "kell, you gotta embrace the flip!"
meliss says: "oh no, your life is so hard"
mary lou says: "he has weird hair? you were just complaining about your weird hair"

so here are the various lessons to learn/ ways to respond to the above reactions...

1. embrace the flip and try to get over my frustration with the way it looks in the mirror/in photos
2. remember that truly, my life is really pretty great and that it's ridiculous to complain about something so insignificant and shallow as a hair flip
3. keep in mind that other people are probably insecure about their own issues and that i shouldn't joke about them

i guess i'll probably do all three.
AND 4. buy a new straightener at sally's after work today to see if that will help!!

1 comment:

Andy and Lyndsay said...

Kell, I've honestly never noticed a flip...but then again I don't stare at your hair...

I completely understand. I get pretty fed up with my hair often too...I really want to get it cut - sometimes it is really hard to figure out how to do it, though because my hair is so thick...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...