So... remember when I was so disappointed not to get hired at our church's nursery school? And remember all those posts about finances and budgeting and money? Or how about those posts about being disappointed and trying to trust God's good plan for our lives? How about my incredible sadness that I'd be subbing and not impacting the lives of my own students? And how I can't take my last ESL course this semester because I didn't apply to the program in time? Oh, I didn't write that post because it was embarrassing. Okay, fine.
Well, anyway, I'm thrilled, elated, humbled, and honored to share the following great news: I have been offered (and have accepted!) a part-time job working with English language learners from China!!!
Last Tuesday Joel's principal called to say they'd decided to offer an ESL course for their 7 new Chinese students. I had an interview on Wednesday where they basically offered me the job: 10 hours a week, way more money per hour than I make anywhere else, flexible scheduling so I can still sub, and an opportunity to do something I'm totally passionate about.
Because it's a Christian school I can start the job even before I finish my last ESL course and become certified next semester. I'll be working with English language learners in all grade levels, with varying English abilities. I'm soooooooooo excited to have this opportunity and beyond blessed by God's provision.
All this time I've been wondering, worrying, feeling sorry for myself, He has been at work opening doors for this job. Which suits me perfectly. And works great with my other part-time jobs. And is amazing experience for any future ESL opportunities. It's like He's saying to me, "Kelly, you are my daughter and I love you. I gave you these passions for a reason. I created you. I know your future and it's my joy to care for you. Why do you worry? Haven't you seen that I am good? Here's one more big bit of proof. Now go, live accordingly."
1 comment:
Wonderful news, Kelly! I know I'm late in seeing this, but I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment