As I wrote last week, this "season" isn't my favorite of life so far. Even though I remember the discontented days when I was single, the long months being engaged but not married, and the loneliness of my year in Japan, for some reason this season seems so so hard.
This weekend, though, I've found a lot of joy in some very small things.
Moments. Memories. Conversations. Discoveries. All working together to lead me into a joyful, grateful place in my heart & mind.
Here are a few small joys:
Cute chevron cards so I can write Valentines notes. Long walks hand-in-hand with Joel as the sun sets. Getting a letter of confirmation that the state of Pennsylvania will help pay for my grad class this semester! (Phew!)
Reading on our guest bed, propped up by colorful pillows as the afternoon light streams in. Skype chats with Mom & Dad. Sparkling lemonade with Saturday night dinner. Spontaneous trips to Trader Joe's with my BFF. Perusing Pinterest for fun ideas.
Meat lovers pizza from a new place. Running outside in the crisp air. Snuggling on the couch watching "The Wire." Having leftovers for dinner so I don't have to cook. Clean laundry. Having a fav bar within walking distance, perfect for a Friday night mini-date.
No comments:
Post a Comment