So, an update about life other than the baby is long overdue. Although, truly, the baby is pretty darn exciting so I don't feel a bit guilty about neglecting this blog.
School starts one week from today. My classroom looks pretty good. I will take some pictures soon, if I remember. I'm so so grateful for my new colleagues.... They have been super helpful and welcoming and encouraging. Looks like I will have 19 kiddos; a nice mix of boys and girls which is fun. The commute was bearable this week because I shared the driving with a coworker who lives nearby. Today's drive home was at least 15 minutes longer than "normal" due to a vehicle fire on the highway, but hopefully this will be the exception as opposed to the rule. Plus, when you drive through a city the size of Philadelphia, what does normal even mean?
I've been waiting to stop at the teacher store because my school gives out prepaid debit cards to use for classroom supplies... Well, I finally got mine today and then the cashier couldn't make it work. Because it never got activated when purchased. So I had to leave my small bag of very important classroom items at the store.
Tears may or may not have welled up. But they weren't released. We may be walking on egg shells here, folks. I can usually tell when it's going to time for a good cry. Who wants to put money on sometime in the next week? ;)
Anyway, as super frustrating as that was, after a long long day of driving, meetings about health insurance, and classroom prep, I am super psyched about this school year. It feels amazing to be in my own class, with my own students, carrying my own baby inside me.
No comments:
Post a Comment