Well, we just got back from our final summer 2012 vacation (post about that trip coming soon!).
I've accepted a part-time job as a group supervisor for a local before/after school program. Yesterday I interviewed for another part-time job teaching two year olds at a nursery school. I'm also planning to sub a few days a week.
This was a pretty wild summer. We traveled to a new country (Ireland!), visited both immediate families, checked two new states off Joel's U.S. travel list (NH & ME), and had a week with friends in Washington state. I got to see some fav. college buddies and celebrate the marriage of my dear friend. Plus, we grew a tiny garden, did some house projects, hiked, talked, dreamed, and spent a ton of time outside. We are so thankful for a lovely summer, despite the trauma of job loss.
Now we're in the final days before school starts. This fall will be quite different from last. Joel's coaching cross-country, which requires a lot of extra time. I'll be juggling a schedule with weird hours (potentially gone from the house 6:45 am to 6:45 pm! zoiks!). We're planning a new way to budget (inspired by this couple). A few more house projects are in the works.
I'm so grateful for the blessings of summer 2012. Bring on autumn!
No comments:
Post a Comment