Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

well said, well said

Life in our family jumps rapidly from I'm-way-too-busy-I-can't-stand-it to I-wish-I-had-a-few-more-fun-things-planned.

Lately we've have been a relatively nice balance of both. Fortunately for our marriage, Joel is my perfect complement. He's more introverted and usually re-charges by being quiet and being at home. It's been such a precious learning experience to recognize the beauty of both staying in some Friday nights and spending almost an entire Saturday painting the Jr. High room @ church because it needs to get done.

Every once in a while, I get annoyed at myself. For not taking more photos. For not updating my blog. For not being super social & accepting every invitation I get. For not calling my friends often enough. For not planning fun get-togethers. For not being spontaneous. For not taking time to rest. For this & that and those things, too.

So reading this post really resonated with me:
"It's not because I don't love other people that I don't say yes to all the things that crop up, but it's because I want to love well the ones who are already holding my yes. "

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...