Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

2012: year in review

2012 has been quite a year! I just finished making a photo book that I'm excited to order sometime after Christmas. Though I didn't take quite as many photos as I wish I had, I still found some great ones to include in our second Alberts family history book.

Let's recap, shall we?

January
My parents came to visit for the long weekend. They won't be able to in 2013 because my mom will still be recovering from brutal foot surgery.
We had a cheap (but so fun!) date to the movies.
I quoted my darling, hilarious students.

February
I co-hosted my bffs bridal shower.
Joel & I had a getaway to Leesburg, VA.

March
We got two new doors upstairs, courtesy of Dad Alberts
My friends & I took Melissa downtown for a sweet, special bachelorette night.
Laura & Gaetano got married!

April
I made this cute little cafe curtain for our bathroom. 
I was matron of honor & gave a great speech in Melissa's wedding.

May
I made this cool DIY photo board for our room.
We had a bad bus ride.

June
A big shock to us: I lost my teaching job!
We traveled to Ireland. 

July
We went to Washington state, for the second time in two years. Gosh, it's gorgeous there!
Joel built some awesome shelves for our room.
We went to a Phillies game, had a few dates, and hung around home.
Lauren & Chris got married! On a farm!

August
We mourned my job loss. Again. And again.
I experienced great hope, joy, and confidence. 
Joel & I had a double date vacation with my mom & dad.
I blogged about marriage & not making the small things big.

September
I welcomed fall, here on the blog. 
I made a super cute wreath and decorated the house.
We had a fun date downtown.
An attempt to get started with budgeting.
I reflected on the beauty of my friendships.

October
I struggled seriously with my job loss, change, and understanding God's plan. 
Joel & Melissa took us on a beautiful hike.
We were blown away by God's provision: I got a part-time job teaching ESL!!!!
I turned 28. Reluctantly. And awkwardly. And covered with zits.
eShakti sent me a free dress to review on my blog!

November
I was suuuuuuuuuuper excited (and honored!) to be a guest on Words of Williams. 
Follow-up post: shopping from the farmers' market.
This IS the plan. God's plan. 
I fell in love. With the Watoto Children's Choir.
We celebrated two amazing years of marriage!!!

December
I documented a day in my life. 
Really feeling my 28-ness.

Dear 2012, you have been a bittersweet year. Full of challenge, frustration, doubt, growth, joy, support, love, and grace. 

Bring on 2013!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...