I looked through the photos I took over the last 10 days and became overwhelmed with the task of debriefing about our trip. Because the photos are uploaded on the computer in chronological order, I'll update that way, too. So here goes...
Our first day in Spain was VERY full! We met the rest of the English camp team, received our assigned roles for the camp, met church members, ate a delicious lunch, took a quick nap, explored the convent where we stayed, and generally got acclimated to Granada.
That evening we were invited to eat dinner at someone's house who lived up in the nearby hills. On our way, we stopped at a beautiful overlook where we could see the entire city. The sun was going down, the lighting was amazing, and the Alhambra (more on this later!) looked stunning.
Dinner was eaten on the rooftop, while watching the sun set over nearby houses. We tasted amazing local olive oil, drank Spanish wine, nibbled local delicacies, got to know our teammates, and watched a rainbow in front of the mountains.
As we walked home that evening (around 11pm), I was overcome by how the city seemed to have changed in just a few hours. The lights of Granada at night created such a different feel for a city we quickly came to love.
No comments:
Post a Comment