

on saturday my friend becca and i headed to chinatown for their lunar [or mid-autumn] festival. it was really interesting-- semi-similar to a festival in japan because they had food stalls and kids/teenagers EVERYWHERE!!! i mostly wanted to go because they advertised a lantern parade. but either they postponed it for a wicked long time OR it got completely rained out. we waited for 1.5 hours and never saw any lanterns progressing through the streets.

we did, however, hit up a japanese restaurant that i really like. becca had never eaten japanese food so it was SUPER exciting for me to introduce her. i ordered basically everything i like and just let her try. our menu included avacado rolls, edamame, sweet potato tempura, gyoza, and miso. YUM!!! [why the hay didn't i take any pictures of our food?! i was too busy gobbling it all up with my chopsticks.]
1 comment:
Hey so, I didn't realize you had a blog. Good stuff, you are funny. I'm listening to fireflies now. And I saw that Michelle Obama was at the gelato place. I'm catching up. Oh, and let's go for japanese food sometime. Do you like eels? they're my favorite...I was eating them when i was 7 years old (or so).
Thanks again for meeting up for lunch. ttyl chica.
Post a Comment