Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

my love/hate relationship with jeans. and how I found a great new pair

I love jeans. But I hate 'em, too, because, to me, they're so finicky.

Most common brands don't make jeans that fit me well. I've tried GAP, J.Crew, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Target. None are made of the right quality or a shape that flatters me. In the last few years I've bought my jeans at TJMaxx. I got the jeans below there about 2 years ago. They're Tommy Hilfiger Spirit Skinny and I love them. Perfect length, perfect amount of "skinny," perfect color (even after a million washes!) I went back a few weeks after I bought them because I realized they were amazing but, as is often true of TJs, there weren't any more.

When I looked for similar jeans recently, I realized Tommy Hilfiger jeans at regular price are wayyyyy more expensive than what I paid at TJs. Like 50 bucks more expensive. No, thanks. So I wandered through TJs & Marshalls & all the other stores I've tried & failed at in previous years. No luck.


I have read lots of reviews online about Levi's and decided to give 'em a go. I wandered into Macy's a couple weeks ago and somehow found myself in the juniors' section, ruffling through pair after pair of Levi's jeans. I tried them all on and they were terrible! Too long. Too tight. Too awkward in the waist. Too long. Too tight. Too awkward everywhere.

Then I realized that Macy's also has a Levi's section for women. Tried on one single pair and loved them. Basically a perfect fit. My only complaint is the waist is a tiny bit high for my preference, but at this point I can't be that picky. Not after my traumatizing experience with the juniors' jeans. So I bought them, using a gift card we got as a wedding gift two years ago, paid 9.99 extra to complete the purchase.


The final verdict is still out, but I think they're pretty good. Especially for $9.99 out of pocket. [And especially now that I'm 28 years old and really shouldn't even be walking through the juniors' department...]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...