Downs (like, seriously, major downs):
losing power for almost four days straight
slipping on our neighbor's porch
the bruise that resulted from my fall on the porch. it's the most amazing bruise. i'd take pictures if it weren't on a very awkward crack
watching footage of the damage on the jersey short & in NYC
being freezing cold at night
three perhaps unnecessary days off (three? for real, guys?)
the pile of laundry that just.kept.growing.
getting super grouchy and taking it out on Joel. he's such a patient man.
making cold breakfast in the dark this morning
spoiled milk
spoiled sour cream, ice cream, chicken, and yogurt
being cold & in the dark & without internet
Ups (serious ups!):
having mini adventures with Joel. we had cheap movie passes and a Qdoba coupon so yesterday was a date day!
sleeping in on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
generous friends who let us steal showers & eat hot meals with them
borrowed internet connections
hot chocolate at a warm cafe this morning before work
my amazing patient husband
being safe & dry & without damage to our home or lives
a very kind and patient PECO man who fixed our gas leak today
flicking light switches on to find that they work!
the sweet sweet sound of heat moving through our vents!
1 comment:
Soo.... I found your blog through W.O.W. and I'm so sad I just found you. My husband and I also live in the suburbs of Philly... and from creeping on you it looks like you live in the Glenside area? We do too!! My husband is a 4th optometry student at Salus, which is in Elkins Park.
But here is the bad thing. We move next week!! He is doing his rotations and we have been moving every 3 months and have only been back to PA for 3 months and we head to Miami next week.
I am so sad about this because I have been 1. needing friends. and 2. We haven't been able to find a church. we were in the city and had one that we went to, but since moving to the burbs we haven't found one.
ANyway, this is the longest comment ever, but I read you got a job teaching English to Chinese students! congrats, that's so awesome! I lived in China doing exactly that. You will love it!
Sorry we missed each other...
Post a Comment