Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

A funny dinner

Q: Who puts photos of turkey bacon and biscuits from the freezer on their blog?

A: someone who really doesn't take many pictures and whose life is filled with lots of busy things lately.

AKA. Me.

So far this week I have subbed three days. On Tuesday I drove downtown and spent the morning interviewing/ doing a demonstration lesson for a fourth grade teaching job I would like to get. Our evenings have been pretty quiet, but I am tired after working 12 hours straight and the kids are getting antsy as the end of the year approaches, which makes my jobs tough.

I have also noticed myself forgetting things when planning our my meals and shopping list lately. Yesterday morning I went to take the pizza dough out of the freezer and realized... We didn't have any pizza dough. I took some chicken out instead, but knew it wouldn't be thawed in time. So I decided to cook up some leftover turkey bacon on our big griddle and I grabbed some biscuits from the freezer. (I made them about two weeks ago, using this recipe. Yum!)

I reheated the biscuits in the microwave. Mine had jelly on them. Joel added a little bit of cheese to his. We drank OJ and relaxed and both our bellies were filled. A funny dinner, yes, but still filling and delicious.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...