Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

loving life lately

A couple fun things lately:

1. Last night I skyped with my gals Annie & Mandy, who were together at Ann's apartment in Vancouver. It was a breath of fresh air to see their smiling faces. We talked about all the Japanese food they'd eaten together and the Japanese-y stuff they were still planning to do. I daydream often about those old days in Toyama. I'd love to take Joel there someday, along with any future kiddos. Though it was a hard, confusing and lonely season, Japan holds a little piece of my heart and I had such great times there.

2. Last Sunday Joel and Melissa came over for dinner. I grilled. The guys threw the football. Melissa and I both wore new, summery maxi dresses, while we sat on the back steps to talk. The weather was basically perfect and we spent hours chatting and enjoying each others' company.

3. Tonight we have our final fundraiser for Granada. Two weeks after that we have our final team meeting. About two weeks after that we'll be on the plane, heading east to Spain. Unbelievable.

4. As the school year winds down, I am thrilled to spend more time with Joel. We really try to own the summer, filling it with lots of mini-adventures just the two of us and some trips to visit loved ones. Our little family, so far from our families, is an indescribable blessing to me. I love living life with this guy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...