Whew! Things have been busy over here!
We spent last Thursday until this past Tuesday traveling to and from Charleston, SC. We stopped in Virginia to see my Granddad, too. I took a few pictures in Charleston that I'm excited to share sometime later this week.
As soon as we got home my parents arrived to visit. We are so so so blessed to have family who loves us and comes to spend time with us (even though they've been here three times since we last went to their house!). We ate delicious meals, ran some errands, drove downtown to see my new classroom, devoured a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts, and laid around the house trying to keep cool.
We also had two mornings with the junior high kids during their summer service week. It was really fun to watch them work hard at the tasks set before them... so encouraging to see kids growing up well.
It's been hot and we are using all our AC units. Tonight we'll open the windows and let the cool breeze freshen up our rooms. I love sleeping in the summer.
Stay tuned for vacation photos and some of my musings as I mentally and spiritually prepare for Granada. We leave in 11 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment