Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

it's starting to feel like fall, so let's decorate!

I was inspired to actually make something I saw on Pinterest (instead of just re-pinning cool stuff all day long...) since I don't have to work today and tomorrow due to Jewish holidays.
Melissa had a bunch of burlap left over from her wedding, so I stopped by to pick it up. The only other supplies I needed were the wreath frame and fall-colored silk flowers. The twine is from a HUGE roll Joel has (& is the same stuff I used for our bedroom curtains and the photo board!) and I already had a hot glue gun.
I used the leftover flowers to spruce up the coffee filter wreath my Mom made, which stays on our living room wall all year long. I pulled off the wooden "A" and switched the white ribbon out for more twine. Festive, right?! Though I think a bigger bow might balance it out...
This is the first stage of another project I'm trying. I got the idea from this Pinterest post. I didn't remember that it used stickers, so I just bought a stencil. We'll see it turns out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...