Dear September,
Thank you for bringing a long weekend to start our month off right. We got some quality family time and had a nice indoor BBQ with some friends.
I'd appreciate a little break from your asphyxiating humidity, though. And could you let up on the rain already? Middle schoolers (and their supervisors!) like to play outside and tend to get a bit antsy when they have to hang out inside for 6 hours straight. After a half-first-day-of-school. Ugh.
September, so far (5 days in!) you've been full of adjustments. Yesterday was the first day of school and it brought a bittersweet taste to my mouth. I didn't miss my old school, no sir. I did miss being in a classroom, though. It was really nice to spend time with kiddos and get to know them, but I'd like to actually be teaching them. Not just pegging them with dodge-balls and getting stomped by their killer Uno skills. Not that I really mind those things... but it's not quite what I pictured myself doing five years ago when I completed my bachelors degree in childhood and special education.
In the next 25 days I'm looking forward to a break in this heat, watching more "Friday Night Lights" free on Netflix with Joel, guest posting on Beka's blog, becoming a substitute teacher, taking more photos, and settling into a new routine.
Thanks in advance, September, for what you'll bring.
(What's with this relatively old-school photo, you ask? Well, this past weekend my laptop died, after just two years of use. I'm currently writing from Joel's, which he has selflessly started calling "ours" & this photo is one of very few semi-recent pictures!)
No comments:
Post a Comment