My daily schedule is pretty relaxed right now. I get up at 5:50 to eat breakfast and get ready with Joel, like we did last year. I usually leave the house around 6:40 to be at work before 7. At 8 I take the 5th/6th graders to their auditorium and hang out with the elementary kids until 8:45. Then I come home, eat a snack (second breakfast, ha), and chill out or run errands. Usually I spend far too much time checking blogs and Twitter. Yesterday I had a meeting for work and the day before that I had an interview for subbing, so hopefully that will start within the next couple of weeks.
Today I made myself go running. This is an ongoing battle for me. I don't really like running but I know it's a good way to stay healthy so I make myself most days. On Wednesday I decided to try an experiment instead of pushing myself. I didn't look at my watch, just ran till I felt like it wasn't fun anymore. I only ran for 16 minutes. Ha. So lazy. Better push myself from now on...
Here are a few other things I've been doing to fill my time:
1. Laying on my bed admiring my new curtains. My mom's bringing me some insulating fabric to attach to the backs of these guys from Target. I was inspired by this post and decided to tie the curtains with twine since the green/white photo board has twine, too. [Unfortunately, I'm way too lazy to remove the window fan before taking photographs...]
2. I also busted out my sewing machine to hem some new pants I got at the Banana Republic outlet. Sadly, dress pants are almost always far too long for my legs.
3. Creating a Pinterest board for activities we can do with the kids at work. I'm pretty jazzed about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment