I hope nobody minds a tiny picture overload from our third annual Presidents' day weekend getaway. We decided to head further south this trip, so we could visit my Granddad. The first year we went to Annapolis, MD and last year we explored Leesburg, VA.
On Sunday Joel and I spent the afternoon in Colonial Williamsburg. I highly recommend visiting if you're at all interested in history and like to walk around exploring. Here are few things we liked:
In the governor's palace, we got to watch some men cutting up real live foods that are similar to what rich colonists would have eaten. They gave a short explanation of what they were doing. Cool.
Thanks to our friend, Rebecca, we knew just where to stop for lunch. The Cheese Shop was delicious and really hit the spot as a mid-day break in the wandering.
I loved the colors in the weaving shop. And these yard tools looked so rad leaning up against an old shed.
One of our favorite stops was the coffee house, where we got a tiny taste of colonial days. Joel drank coffee and I had "chocolate" which was really bitter but sweet at the same time. Yum!
The apothecary wasn't all that interesting, but the jars and bottles looked so fun on the shelves.
We also really enjoyed the cabinet shop, where three men were working with wood. They were hand-made, obviously, but one of the guys talked about how cool it is to live in modern times so he can choose to use tools if they'll make his life easier.
Love this guy. Such a cutie.
The last event of our trip was breakfast at Pop's with Granddad and Thelma. They were such darling hosts and we loved spending time with them. (Note the early morning eyes on our side of the table. Ha.)
1 comment:
It looks like you two had an awesome time!!
Post a Comment