You know the slogan for Franks Red Hot sauce... "I put that stuff on everything?"
Well it seems maybe coconut oil might want to steal it.
Because apparently coconut oil is the new big thing in beauty and health products. You can put it on ev.er.y.thi.ng. (Here are two sites I pinned with TONS of ideas!)
I bought mine for two reasons. 1. My skin has been getting suuuuuper dry and really good lotion is expensive. I wanted an alternative. 2. Pinterest is full of ways to use coconut oil and I'm a pin-a-holic.
So. Here I am to report that coconut oil is awesome. I store mine in the shower and use it instead of shaving creme. Every other night or so I slather it all over me before I turn off the water. I dry myself off and I think some of the oil is removed in the process, but that's good because it can be a little bit greasy if you don't wash/dry it off.
One things that surprised me: it comes in a basically solid form and turns to liquid when warmed by your hands. Don't be alarmed and think you froze it on a cold winter's drive home from Trader Joe's!
What about you? Any closet coconut oil fans in the house? What do you use it for?

1 comment:
You're kidding?! I see it used a lot for conditioning natural hair, but now you have me intrigued for what else it can be used for!
Post a Comment