Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Thankful

Today I could choose to be overwhelmed with frustration, sadness, sleepiness. There are a lot of challenging circumstances in life right now and my natural tendency is to complain. (And to throw myself an ongoing pity party!)

Instead, covered by God's grace, I'm choosing to be THANKFUL.

Thankful for the sunshine, for the paychecks coming in from lots of sub jobs, for sweet kiddos each morning, for my husband, for my mom and dad who listen well, for our relatives who come to visit. For the chance to hang out with teenagers, for sleeping in on Sundays, for our church family, for dinners out, for great friends. For new babies, though they are far away. For paid bills and full gas tanks.

Tomorrow (and sadly, probably even this afternoon & again tonight), I will fail. My circumstances will overwhelm me. My ugly selfishness will rise up.

But right now, in this quiet classroom, I am thankful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...