Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

This is the plan, too!!

I'm sitting in a classroom that is finally quiet after a field trip and salad party for the sixth graders. The class I got today is one of the worst behaved I've "taught" this year. Taught is in parenthesis because no teaching happened this week. Certainly not today.

Though I was dying for the day to be over so I could escape from the loudness, the bad attitudes, the rudeness, I'm also feeling a little bit sad.

Because truthfully, I will miss these kids. I know so many of their names from being in the building all year. I know some of their stories. I know how to get them back on track, I know their struggles, I know their strengths. Over the last month, I imagined myself subbing here next year, having some of them again. I came to grips with the idea of being just a sub. Again.

But that's not the plan, apparently, and boy am I glad.

It's not the plan because this afternoon I accepted a job to teach fourth grade full-time next year. 

I get to work in the city. I get to teach my own kids. I get to set up my own classroom. I get to build relationships with parents as we partner to support their children.

This news blows me away and overwhelms the mess outa me. But I AM THRILLED!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

congratulations, Kelly!!! I'm so excited for you. You'll be amazing.

Kristen [Teamfuest] said...

Congratulations, Kelly!!! So happy for you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...