Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Goin' to Granada

Joel and I are sooooooooooooooo excited to have the opportunity to spend 10 days in Granada, Spain, this summer. We're part of a short-term team from our church, partnering with workers in Granada.

We'll be working with kids and teenagers from Spain, Latin America, and North Africa. The goal is to support the workers as they run an English camp that includes conversation, sports, crafts, and more.

This is seriously right up our alley. We both love kids and are educated as teachers. Joel spent a semester in Spain during college and can speak Spanish pretty well. My Spanish is rusty, but I studied it really hard in school and had some opportunities to speak with natives in the past few years.

PLUS, I'm currently pursuing certification to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) so this is great experience and I should be able to use some of the stuff I've been learning in class.

We are seriously thrilled!

Stay tuned for more information.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...