One of my friends (hi becca!!) wrote on her blog about how Jennifer Lawrence is younger than she is. I commented back that all the stars I like are younger than I am.
I also notice myself making snide comments lately about my age, how OLD 28 feels, how all these people are doing all these things and they're wayyyy younger. Ick. My attitude and self pity disgust me sometimes.
Because I like lists and because I need to kick my own butt out of this wahhh-me mindset, lets think about how awesome my life has been for the past 28 years. How much goodness God has chosen to pour out upon my undeserving self.
I have lived in four states plus Japan. I know a little Spanish and little less Japanese. I have taken vacations to Thailand, Okinawa, Ireland, and the Dominican Republic. I married the man of my dreams. I have almost six years of teaching experience. I get to take grad classes that I really truly love. My parents, in-laws, and brother(s) are amazing. I still am super tight with my college roommates. We own a home and I get to decorate it basically however I want to. It's almost always sunny in Philadelphia.
Basically, being 28 has been hard. My prayer almost daily is to honor God with this year and praise him for being soooo good to me despite my bad attitude and self consciousness about this current season.

1 comment:
Hi Kel! thanks for the shoutout. =) It can be hard to be in your twenties--after so many years of wishing to be "grown up," you get there and realize it isn't so glamorous after all. It's been a blessing learning to love this stage of life for what it is!
Post a Comment