Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Strep throat for the win!

I woke up yesterday with a killer sore throat. That's usually my first indicator that some kind of sickness is heading in, but i can often kick it with some OJ and zinc. So I did my darndest to kick it out quickly. Here's what I tried:

Lots of water
Lots of tea
Zicam
Natural throat lozenges
Pain reliever/fever reducer
Gargling with warm salt water
Peroxide in both ears (to reduce pressure in my sinuses, in case that was the issue)
Mexican food
Belgian waffles with cream and fruit

What finally worked:
A quick trip to the CVS minute clinic, where a sweet sweet nurse practitioner gave me a quick strep test that showed positive before the minimum time was even up. A prescription for penicillin. Some extra sleep and ice cream on my swollen glands.

Strep throat, why do you hate for me to enjoy spring break?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...