I sometimes check in on this little blog & today I stumbled upon this little post. I love Jami's honesty and humility. God has really changed her life & I'm so encouraged to read what she writes. You should look around on her blog a little. She and her husband have an incredible story of God's perfect repair of their incredibly broken marriage. Life changing, I tell you.
Anyway, all that to say, I love what she wrote about her trip to Haiti. So I'm going to quote her:
"i'm not under any illusion that i'm going to "help" people in haiti. i
think they are going to help me. i'm selfish and comfortable and i need
God to change my heart. i need to see how big God is."
That's me. I'm not going to Granada because I think I can save anyone or really even help the kids. But I do think seeing their lives and their needs and their faith can help me.
It can challenge me and grow me and break my hard, stubborn heart.
So here we go.
Note: You guys!!! Have you ever Googled "Granada, Spain"??? The images are unbelievably beautiful. Why haven't I seen them before?!
(image here)

No comments:
Post a Comment