Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

A Coke a week

I've been blessed with good genes and an active husband who inspires me to take care of myself physically. We walk regularly and run a few days a week. We also have a Wii Fit that I can use in the winter for toning and strengthening rarely-used muscles.

Our diet is also pretty healthy. We don't eat out often and I am conscientious about having fruits, vegetables, lean meat, and whole grains in our home cooked meals. We don't keep a lot of junk in the cupboards for snacks.

But here's the thing. I'm not disciplined when it comes to sweets.

Cookies, brownies, chocolate, and soda are my ultimate favorites. I could seriously drink Coke multiple times a day, multiple times per week, and be a happy lady. If we have cookies in the house, I don't resist them. Now, I realize that sweets in moderation aren't a bad thing and I don't believe in depriving ourselves of delicious things in an extreme manner.
But. I'm not getting any younger. Or any thinner. Or healthier. So I can't just live my life nilly willy, without self-control to resist the foods that are bad for me.

This winter I decided I would allow myself to drink one coke a week. So far I've been doing really well and I'm pleased to have taken at least one small step toward resistance and self-control.

What about you? Are you invincible when it comes to sweets, or do you get tempted by Coke, too?

(image from here)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I have a hard time managing my sweet tooth too. Especially because I also love baking! I like to immediately freeze about half of whatever I bake, it helps with portion control and also gives me backup treats for unexpected guests.

Kelly Alberts said...

Good call, Becca! I do that, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...