Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston

Yesterday while I was wandering around the cafeteria helping kids with homework, my friend & colleague called me over to look at her iPad. That's when I saw the first headline: explosions at the Boston marathon.

So many thoughts ran through my mind, mostly about our two friends who were running it. Then about my parents and brother who live nearby, in Providence. Then about my husband who ran that marathon not so many years ago and who ran the Philly half in November. I actually remember thinking while watching him run that it would be a prime target for terrorism-- all those people milling around outside.

It was hard to sleep last night, even after hearing everyone I know is safe and sound. This morning I read an article that was eye opening and heart-wrenching all at once.

I'm not at a place where I can process the sadness and confusion, but my prayers are filled with pleas for the Lord to work in Boston. For the families whose loved ones are lost or damaged. For the churches there, who have such a big role to fill as their community grieves. For the children, oh goodness, the children.
(photo from here)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...