Sometimes I say things aloud and then think to myself, "I'm such a hippie-wannabe."
Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, except that I'm a wannabe for the purpose of looking cool or having people think I'm unique. Definitely a heart issue, but that's a post for another day.
Anyway, lately I've noticed that we've gone a bit more natural in the Alberts household. Not in huge ways (we still have a budget to keep!) but in a few small ways that I'm feeling good about. Here are some small changes we've made.
1. I use oil on my face.
2. Most of the fruit/veggies we buy (without a peel/skin) are organic. During the summer I buy from the farmer's market, but in the colder months all our produce is from the local grocery store.
3. Making my own salad dressing. I'm totally skeeved out by salad dressing ingredients and my friend gave me a super easy recipe that I use every time now.
4. Eating these granola bars for afternoon snacks. Delicious.
5. Shaving with coconut oil.
6. Cleaning kitchen surfaces with vinegar/water.
Possible future changes:
Using natural shampoo. Or none at all. Trying to go organic on meat & chicken (this is SO unbelievably expensive to me). Giving up sugar. Using an onion for future earaches.
No comments:
Post a Comment